Wednesday, March 20, 2013

He's Just Not That Into You

And at the same time, I am finding it easier to entertain the notion of being Scott's friend.

He sends me a  picture of a sunrise (Asunset? who knows?) via text.

I ask about it and remark that it is beautiful. 

He says it was taken at a favorite familiar spot of ours.

It doesn't actually make me cringe to learn that.

We talk about how it is stormy and snowy at the moment - so nowhere near as beautiful.

I remark that I've delayed a trip to the mountains with the kids to visit my favorite cousin because of the weather. He's been there before and makes a nice comment.

He also says the weather should clear enough for us to drive; he's just checked the weather app on his phone.

I say I am not worried; the Tank can get through anything.

He asks if "a pretty girl ever managed to get new tires on the Tank."

And I say yes, as advised.  In November to the tune of $1,000 thank you very much LOL.  (but of course that was after the vanishing act and he'd have to be clairvoyant to know that) And we move on to other benign subjects like my wicked cats, the fact that I want a Mini Cooper as a second car, and that both of us are getting old and can't see worth a damn without somekind of glasses.

And in the end he says goodnight and remarks that it is nice to be able to talk.

And he's right. It is.  I think I can do this. Maybe.

But what is weird is that I haven't heard much from Craig.  All week.  What is the deal with that?

He's been scarce on Facebook. Has let a few texts go unanswered and has generally vanished from sight.

OMG he hated the second date. He must have!  There could be no other reason. And he's clarivoyant and knows I 'm talking to Scott and is putting our thing on ice.

Hil asks me why I am making a face (while I drink my wine one night) and I remark that I think that Craig is not interested in me and I am sad.

She asks what makes me think that, and I tell her about the noticeable drop off in contact.

She rolls her 8th grade eyes and tells me that her crush has not called her in a month so what am I complaining about a week for? 

She has a point. But I know a thing or two about men.

Men are practical. Men set priorities and can be very driven.  They will put work first or family first or whatever blows their skirts up first and make the social thing last priority  in favor of the thing they value most.  But with one exception.  If a man wants your time and attention, he'll make the effort. He'll call.  He'll flirt. He'll drop you a line that says, "Really crushed at the office at the moment. Chat later? How late will you be up?"  And Craig hasn't.

So maybe he's just not that into me?

No comments:

Post a Comment