Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Round Two

The beauty of Facebook continues to amaze me. Over the next few hours I get lots of advice about where to go with my next complaint, where to seek information about what the legal requirements are for Bullying policies in my state, and what kind of political resistance I might get from the School Board. I am feeling trained and primed for a fight.

I start where we left off, and take to AOL to let the morons I'd met with know that I have not been duped.

Mr. Rotelli -

Thank you for your time yesterday. It was very enlightening.

When we initially spoke on October 25, you insisted that the district had kept pace with the ever-changing face of bullying and had continually updated its policy to remain relevant and effective. I questioned at that time why Dr. McDuff would not be aware of such a policy.

I have carefully reviewed the policy that you presented to me on this topic yesterday. There must be some mistake. It is dated October 20, 1998 and is no more relevant than the poorly written blurb in the handbook. In fact, in the "student-to-student" harassment complaint document you provided, there are references to "business outings" and "the person's job" that in no way pertain to students. Also, the complaint form appears to address only the legal definition of unlawful harassment, and again, not the wide variety of offenses that can be considered bullying, intimidation or harassment. It fails to meet State requirements as a bullying policy.

Please confirm that this is the policy you meant to share, or kindly share the appropriate version. If I do not hear from you by the close of business on Monday, November 28, 2011, I will escalate my issue to the next two levels of authority on public education.

I'd appreciate the courtesy of a reply.


I am beginning to understand why McDuff would not reference this policy. And why it is not distributed as the "compliance poster intended as a visual reminder" states it will be. It is such a horrific joke that it would incite a riot.

A riot I am perfectly willing to light a fire beneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment