Friday, December 16, 2011

Do You Understand the Words That Are Coming Out of My Mouth?

I have to marinate in the stench of this answer for a bit.

I am so completely disgusted by the whole thing I want to pick up the phone and verbally emasculate this man. And point out that he's not fooling anyone with the comically bad toupee.

Countless e-mails, phone conversations, meetings, explanations, clarifications, requests, reminders and demands and all he can say is "Whoops! That wasn't the policy you asked about! That was the one I wanted to talk about!"

Am I to believe that he can competently run a school district when he can't even manage one meeting with one parent with one agenda item with any degree of competence?

I decide to suggest as much - and there I go, revving up my friend AOL again so I can send a jet-fuel soaked flaming e-mail asking the very questions that have been pinging around in my head - the interior lining of which is inflamed and throbbing.

Mr. Rotelli -

What I have asked for over and over again, in person, and in writing and on the telephone, is the current policy against Bullying, Intimidation and Harassment. I am not sure what has been so difficult for the school administrators to understand, but no one seems willing to place it into my hands, and I have lost my patience trying to understand what is in place. Perhaps it would be simpler to forward my inquiry to the State Board of Education?

To be clear, what I would like, as stated in your poster, is for someone to provide me with the current policy on this topic. Not an archaic list of procedures and an inappropriate checklist, but the policy. If it is currently in draft form, I'd like to see the draft and know the names and contact information for the persons responsible for crafting it. What I have seen to date is a hodgepodge of unrelated, outdated documents that may suffice for those of you who are tasked with enforcing them, but are not at all clear to the students and parents who need to abide by them and rely on them. It remains appalling to me that this school district has such weak policies and procedures in place while other school districts have formed task forces and crafted effective, current, meaningful policies and procedures, and have actively distributed them.

The law on this topic is very clear. I want to be assured as a parent and a resident of the township that we are compliant and providing the best resources to our young people. Again, I am willing to participate in ensuring that an appropriate, relevant solution is met. .


Let's see where that gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment