Friday, May 25, 2012

No He Di-in't!

Little by little I find out more and more from Hil.

It is so refreshing to have a young person in the house. A detail that would send an adult into a full on tailspin gets casually mentioned while I am helping her shave her legs.

While I am trying hard to squeeze the highly sophisticated student v. student form out of the damn school, evidently, McDuff is working over my child. My impressionable, waif-like, feeling-like-a-victim child.

While in his office one day, McDuff, the 7th grade principal and the building disciplinarian, decided to use his position of authority, and his 6 foot 4 frame and booming voice to pressure Hil into NOT submitting the form.

Advising her to go against her mother.
Suggesting that she ignore the thoughtful advice of her champion and others who care about her and do what he suggests.
Filling her head with competing thoughts.
Making her feel as though she might be in trouble if she goes through with what I've been telling her is the proper way to handle the situation.

According to Hil, when he said that he'd given me the form (so basic and uncomplicated my cat could have composed it) he also added that she does not have to fill it out if she does not want to...adding "AND I DON'T THINK THAT YOU DOOOOOOOOO...." Also added that it is totally unnecessary, that talking with Esther will make the problem go away. That's really all there is to it. And don't you want to be done with all this?

That's right, moron. Let's coach the little girl that when you are victimized in some way, the best thing to do is to just do nothing and let some half wit who has his own agenda handle it. Just do nothing. Doing nothing has such great results so often. Apathy. Complacency. Good stuff.

But feeling the pressure, Hil decides to deflect a little on to me. She says, "My mom is taking this very seriously."

And McDuff, incredulously, replies, "I know. Your mother is a ________." Yes, blank. Hil has never heard the word and has no idea what the word means. So she assumes the worst. That the disciplinarian was disparaging me. Now she'd be in more trouble because McDuff is mad at her mother.

Hil tells me that he asked her if she knows what the word means. She said she didn't really answer because she didn't want to know for sure. McDuff had replied that she'd know the meaning some day.

Yes, he did.

I want to scratch his beady little eyes out of his nearly balding head.

Instead, I do two things. I call the police to inquire about filing a report on the whole Esther incident. And then I take to my email and begin to look up the email addresses of the Superintendent, and all of the members of the school board.

No comments:

Post a Comment