Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Excuse Me, You're Standing On My Nerves

Maybe it was simply that with our custody schedules (his is very different from mine) we'd been forced to allow too much time between the invitation and the execution.

Too much time to get to know each other so that there wasn't much left to get to know.

No - of course there is more to get to know. What I mean to say is that I'm not interested to learn any more because what I've learned so far I'm not especially jazzed about.

For instance, I don't like the way Casey talks. He doesn't sound polished. It bugs me that his
i-n-gs sound like i-ns. As in, "If we're goin' I'm drivin' not walkin'."

His "with" sounds like "witt." For example (and this is a direct quote) "My mother is 300 pounds and my sister is 85 pounds witt rocks in her pockets."

And the days of the week are the "dees of the week." Sundee, Mondee, Tuesdee.

He also seems to emphasize all of his words - every one - as though he's making a profound statement about everything. " I HAVE TO GET MY CAR INSPECTED!"

And to put the candles on the cake, he has an overly familiar way of addressing me. Hon, sweetheart, dear, babe.

Babe? Has anyone actually said that with a straight face since that sappy Styx song?

I was spending a lot of time cringing. That's not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment