Monday, June 17, 2013

Status Unknown

I'd had no need to define things. We were madly in love from the start. Exclusive. Spent every available, even inconvenient, moment together that we could. Drove hours in all manner of weather for a few hours together. Declared our love out loud early. Merged the kids. Met the families. Why would I have asked for a label?

Scott had been married and had changed his status to undefined before his divorce was final and as we'd planned our first date. He'd said he had worried that I would feel weird about dating someone who was married. I am not sure I'd have cared what his FB status read. I knew what his actual status was.

But eventually, I suppose it would have been nice to change it to "in a relationship" with me. I never really gave it a thought except once.

He bought an iPad. Not the end of the world, but it did open a door I'd not thought to open. He, being someone easily bored with all manner of gadget, car, toy, and gizmo was bored with the iPad in 2 weeks. I was just becoming a little envious and thinking I should get one, so I offered to buy it. Deal.

But it had been set up as his for a little while and it took some effort to make it all mine. Music, apps, photos, etc.

And Facebook.

So one day, while he's at my house and off using the bathroom, I use the iPad to log into Facebook. But I realize it is his account that has come up. I don't even have to "break the glass" and log in. It's just there.

And I can see immediately that Scott has his phone with him.

Because right at that very moment I can see he is messaging someone. Several someones.

No comments:

Post a Comment