Friday, May 10, 2013

S-S-S-Saturday Ni-ight!

The truth is, I am not really free. I have the kids.

But the good news is that it is Spring Break and we are taking a three-day trip beginning on Sunday and I can probably ask a favor of Lars this one time.  The rules are all different on holiday weeks.

I respond to Craig telling him exactly that and asking what he has in mind. 

Friends are coming into town and he'd like me to join them. Would I mind doing all that driving? A two hour trek east to turn around and make a 5 hour trek west all in one weekend is a lot to ask.

For the all-important third date, yes, I'd do that.  Happily.

And I am thrilled. Thrilled to have been asked. Thrilled that he's finally in touch again. Thrilled at the idea of meeting his friends. Until now, this has all seemed so secretive. Meeting the friends is validation. 

I make a call to Lars. He's happy to help.  (Happy even!) Craig and I have a date. Finally.

And then, to piss all over my joy and elation, my traitor friend unleashes all manner of crazy on me via text for the next 3 hours. Hateful statements.  Hurtful comments. Things you can't take back.  Unsolicited commentary on my marriage. My life. My character.

As if she is one to talk. I could bury her in the character department.

I turn off my phone to stop the madness. It is hard to hang on to my happiness with someone so insistent upon taking it away nipping at my heals.

But I put my head on my pillow at last, forcing thoughts of former friends from my head, and planning The Outfit for Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment