Thursday, April 4, 2013

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

"OMG he just told me he has a La-Z-Boy.  I am cringing. You know it is made of pleather."  I am also sure it has boogers on it.

Rocky LOLs at that and asks where he's taking me to dinner.

I tell him I have no idea. I don't even care. I hate going out to dinner.

"You do?"

And I tell him why. He gets it. He gets me.  I love it when people get me.

Text from Mac.

"I made a 5:15 reservation at the Capitol Grille in the burbs."

No. He. Didn't.

I relay that message to Rocky and it is met with much hilarity.

I am not going out to dinner at 5:15!  I'm supposed to put on a dress and prance out on a date in the daylight? My neighbors will be mowing their lawns and I'll be in heels and a boop-de-booping outfit?  Maybe if I put a bag over my head! 

He texts again.

"That's all they had."

Seriously?  We're in the restaurant capitol of the free world. If your first choice of restaurants does not have what you want, pick another. I really do not want to be seated with all the old people and kids. 

He must have sensed that a 5:15 reservation had "LOSER" Sharpeed all over it. 

"I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get it changed to 6.  But I really don't like to eat at 8 or 9 o'clock."

Six?  Why bother? Choose another kind of date!  Or someplace with a 7pm reservation open that isn't on the premises of the Mall. What are we going to do for the rest of the night? Go to Pottery Barn?

Maybe he has a second date later?  Maybe he really is still a penny-pinching pinhead and wants the early menu with its cheaper prices? 

I relate all of this to Rocky.

He says "Mac should know that he'd be better off shoving the 100 bucks back into his wallet and taking you to a brew pub."

Exactly. That is what Craig had done and we'd laughed our heads off. And by contrast, Craig's texts are fun and flirty and interesting and I love getting them.  Mac's are annoying and pompous and too frequent.

And I am wondering again what happened with Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment