Monday, October 29, 2012

Homecoming for Kitty

Scott knows that the kitten is very popular with the ladies in the office who have been looking after it - and presumably its equally abandoned siblings.  They've cared for them and fed them and even have taken them home at night so they would not have to live outside and risk getting eaten by a rabid animal (Maybe a dog for a change of pace).

But he goes into the office the next day and announces that he is serious about taking the cat home to live and if anyone has an objection, whine immediately and we'll work it out (as in, he'll take it anyway. I don't envision a coin toss.)

I call later in the evening and ask him about Little Kitty.  He says he does not have her. That one of the ladies in the office asked if she could take it home one more night so her family could say goodbye and blah blah blah.  He said she could.

I am thinking the office lady is smarter than he thinks and she just swindled him out of his prize cat with his permission.  A modern day Butch Cassidy. 

And then I think that just like the stars aligned at the last moment when we adopted Trinket, if it is meant to be, it will be.  Maybe this lady really does just want to have one last cuddly evening with Little Kitty.  If she has more nefarious intentions, I guess we'll know tomorrow. And Scott will be pouring sugar in her gas tank. 

But the next day comes and the office lady reappears with the kitty and Scott is free to take her home.  She can stay at his house until I leave at the end of the weekend. I just need to plan to take her home on Sunday and be prepared for the new baby.

And suddenly I am in a panic. 

And steering my car toward PetSmart.

I think it would be easier to prepare for an actual human baby to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment